Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan

*Fun Bento Box**Cute and Natural Food From California*

7/17/2019

Dollar Store Bento Items


Nectarine BBQ Sauce Chicken Bento 

Watched the Disney movie "Ratatouille " and got inspired to make a mouse bento.




These are skillet shaped measuring spoons.
Received this as a souvenir from Japan!
I had seen some moms put it in bento boxes, so I was excited when I got this.


Got Dutch Oven shaped salad containers and sauce containers at a dollar store called Seria when I visited my family in Japan early this year. How cute these are!!!!!
Daiso is well known Japanese dollar store here in California, but Seria is as mush popular as Daiso in Japan. Must go to store when you visit Japan! They have tons of cute and quality items.
Oh, the white bento box in the top picture is from Seria too! And mini grilled pans and a mini measuring bowl..


I colored quail eggs with plant based food coloring from Whole Foods Market.
Just put a couple of drops of blue and red in a glass and add water to make a nice purple color.
Soaked cooked and shelled quail eggs for about 30 minutes to color the eggs.
I used to use vegetables like beets to color eggs, but not anymore.
These are made with vegetables. I can use this food coloring without guilt.

We got tons of nectarines in our backyard.
Made jams, pies and BBQ sauce. I marinated chicken with the BBQ sauce and grilled it for dinner.
It was yummy! Used the leftover for the bento.
Recipe-> Peach BBQ Sauce (Replace peach with nectarines)




No comments:

Post a Comment