I made this bento for Japan Up! magazine Jan issue!
This month's theme is tofu, so I made healthy tofu shumai, (kinda dumplings)
Instead of wrapping fillings with wan ton square wraps, I cut them and coat the fillings with them,
Please see below for more details.
100g Ground Chicken
1/4 Onion, minced
2tbs Soy Sauce
1/2tbs Sesame Oil
2tbs Potato Starch
1/4tsp Ginger, grated
20 Won Ton Square Wraps
1. Drain tofu well. (see my blog post "how to press and drain tofu) Mix all the ingredients besides wraps.
2. Cut square wraps into short strips as shown.
3. Shape the tofu mixture into desired size and place on the strips. Coat the tofu balls with the strips. Press firmly to secure strips stick to tofu balls.
4. Steam for about 15 mins.
1. Cut a couple strips of spaghetti into 1-2 inch segments and pan-fry.
2. Put a black bean on top of the pasta. Repeat 8 times. Carefully insert the pasta into the tofu dumpling where you want to add ears and eyes.
3. Poke a slice of cheese with a boba straw to create nose outlines for panda. Or carve with a toothpick.
4. Carefully move the nose to the face.
5. Cut a piece of nori seaweed to create noses and place on the cheese.