Chicken Tofu Hamburger with Radish Bear
What do you think this bear is made with??
The answer is....
I made tofu + chicken Japanese hamburger.
This kind of hamburger is eaten with grated daikon radish and soy sauce in Japan.
Much healthier than with sauce, right?
It is very popular to make character with grated daikon in Japan right now.....
So I gave it a try!
Tofu Chciken Hamburger (adapted from Japanese recipe site)
250g Ground chiken
250g Silken Tofu
40g Panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Black pepper
*2tbs Soy sauce
1. Mince onion and saute until transparent.
2. Mix the onion, tofu, egg, panko, salt and pepper in a bowl by hands.
3. Divide into 6-8 egg shapes.
4. Heat oil in a pan and cook the patties for 1~2 minutes over medium heat. (with a lid on)
5. Turn down to low heat and cook for 3~4 minutes.
6. Flip the patties and cook for another 3 minutes. ( no lid)
7. Mix * ingredients and pour over the patties.
To make dakon bear,
1. Grate daikon
2. Squeeze a little liquid out of grated daikon by a hand, just enough to make it easy to shape.
3. Add a little soy sauce to color the daikon.
4. Shape body, hands, legs and face and put those together.
5. Cut a piece of nori seaweed to create the face parts.