Chicken teriyaki is one of the popular Japanese dishes!
Usually it's made with chicken thigh, but I made it with chicken breast for bento.
Marinated with grated onion, chicken breast gets soft and juicy:)
I made a chicken and a chick with rice and egg for fun, thinking about oyako don! (oyako means parents and kids )
Chicken Breast Teriyaki
1~2 Chicken breast
1/2 Small Onion
1 Garlic clove
2tbs Soy sauce
1tbs Mirin (or sugar)
pinch Salt & Pepper
Potato flour, enough to coat chicken
1. Grate onion and garlic. Mix the onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sake, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Add chicken and marinate for about 1 hour.
3. Take the chicken out and wipe with paper towel. Coat with potato flour.
4. Heat oil in a pan and brown chicken.
5. Pour in marinade mixture. Reduce liquid and done!
How to make a chicken and chick
Nori seaweed (eyes)
1. Make an egg shape rice in plastic wrap. Push down the middle as shown.
3. Make the face parts by cutting nori seaweed and carrot.
I used heart shaped pick to make chicken cockscomb, but you can make it by cutting red pepper instead!