My husband looooves Japanese curry!!
I always use boxed instant curry roux when making Japanese curry.
However, it contains a lot of fat. preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients!
So I decided to make it from scratch.
This is as easy as using instant curry roux:) Miso helps it bring out rich flavor.
45g Canola oil
10g Curry powder
1tbs Shio Koji, or 1tsp Salt
*See the older post about Shio Koji
Ginger, same size as a clove of garlic
1 chicken breast
1/2can Diced tomato
Soy sauce to taste
1. Mix flour, oil, curry powder, shio koji or salt together and set aside.
2. Mince garlic and ginger. Cut vegetables and meat into small pieces.
3. Heat a little oil in a pot and add garlic and ginger.
4. Add vegetables and chicken. Cook until the veges get soft.
5. Add water, sugar, honey, ketchup, miso and canned tomato. Cook over low heat about 15 mins.
6. Add the curry paste from step1 and mix well.
7. Taste it and add a little soy sauce if you need.
8. Cook about another 10min over low-heat.
Bear face parts
Eyes-egg whits + seaweed
Nose-rice + seaweed
Heart- red pepper