I often use rice to make bento, but I like making cute lunch with bread too:)
I found a good Japanese potato salad recipe, so decided to make potato salad sandwiches. This recipe got more than 4000 reviews! You gotta try it ;)!
Mini sandwiches (the top picture above) are good for parties:)
Potato Salad (adapted from Japanese recipe sites (in Japanese) )
1 Russel potatoes
1 Boiled egg
1 Japanese cucumber (Optional. I didn't use it, but it adds good texture to the salad)
1 slice Ham
1.5 tsp Vinegar
4~6 tbs Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces. Boil water with 1tsp of salt and add the potatoes. Cook until soft.
2. Drain hot water well and mash the potatoes. Add vinegar and mix. Let it cool.
3. Thinly slice onion (and cucumber). Sprinkle a little of salt and rub by hands. Leave it about 15~30 mints and rinse with water. Chop a boiled egg.
4. Add the egg and vegetables to the mashed potatoes. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
Santa and Reindeer sandwiches
What you need,
Potato Salad (recipe above)
Twisted pasta, cooked
1. Carve the bread as shown.
2. Stuff the potato salad in a hole.
3. Shape mashed potatoes into small balls in plastic wrap.
Reference: ｸﾘｽﾏｽに♡キャラパン*トナカイ号* ( in Japanese)