Baked Rice Balls (make about 4 )
300g Cooked brown rice (Use cold rice, or cook rice with less water than usual)
2tbs Soy sauce
1tsp Sesame oil
1. Mix soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and sugar.
2. If you use cold rice, microwave until rice gets a little bit warm.
3. Mix the seasoning mix and rice. (Use less seasoning mix depending on how hard your rice is. You don't want really soggy rice)
4. Shape the rice into chestnuts shape with plastic wrap.
5. Heat a little oil in a pan and bake the rice balls until golden brown on both sides.
*You can freeze extra rice balls! Freeze it when it's completely cooled. Defrost it in a microwave.
6. Toast white sesame.
7. Shift the sesame to a plate and dip the rice balls. Or you can just use a spoon to put the sesame on the rice balls.
1. Slice a carrot and cut as shown. You can draw a guideline with a tooth pick before cutting.
2. Put a water and the carrot in a small micro-safe bowl and nuke about 20 seconds. (until it gets soft)